Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Oops, ....missing info... like state and zip. It's a glitch that hasn't been fixed. Talked to Turbo support back in Feb 2019. Problem still extist. Unable to complete.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

Oops, ....missing info... like state and zip. It's a glitch that hasn't been fixed. Talked to Turbo support back in Feb 2019. Problem still extist. Unable to complete.

Please note:

• I have correctly entered my foreign address. This is my 11th year with Turbo Tax
  • I correctly entered a US number that I use. I've done this for the last 5years.
  • I did not have this problem before. It's new this year.
  • I've talked to TurboTax folks they said it was a glitch. This was back in Feb 2019, of this year
  • I was able to download, print, and mail my return.
  • The problem is this: The Turbotax online won't complete because I go in circles with this "Oops..."
  • CONCLUSION: It's a glitch that needs to be fixed.

I have the exact same issue here. I'm in Taiwan.

Thank you so much for your post!

I was worry sick thinking it was my filling something wrong that caused it.

I'm going to try to notify them about this issue.

Hope they're gonna fix it soon.

They are going to lose a lot of customers. I am one of them! 

I'm having the same issue. Have they fixed the glitch? This is March 2021.

@ friendlyjun  wrote:

I'm having the same issue. Have they fixed the glitch? This is March 2021.

Are you in a foreign country, and did you purchase MAX benefits?

If so, did you already pay for it?   If not, then don't pay yet.

If you've paid for it, we can tell you a possible workaround.

I've already paid for it...what's the work around?

@friendlyjun Sadly, they have not fixed this.  This year I got the same Ooops again.

However, I taking a totally different 'mind' approach to this and that is...

I just accept that this is the way it will always be. I mean they haven't fixed this yet, makes me wonder if they 

ever will.

So for me, I'm already stressed doing taxes for two countries the US and Overseas. I find it best to to accept the situation that.

1. You'll have to change your address to US address before buying any of the Turbo Tax (TT). I always get the MAX/DELUXE.

2. Next, pay with a US Credit Card.

3. Then go back to your address and change it back to your foreign address. 

4. You won't be able to complete your form. Yeah that's a shocker. But don't worry, the form is already complete, you have go to your "Tax Home"  scroll or look at the bottom of the page for a folder with "Your tax returns & documents" click on it and select the year 

5. Click 'Download/print return (PDF).

NOTE: If you are still in the process of filing you may have something called 'tools' in the left-side black sidebar menu. Click on tools, you should be able to find your completed form. Download, print, and mail. 

That's the way I do it, and this year it's stress free because this is the way I 'expect' to do it every year.

Yeah, I'm not banging my head trying to get TT to fix this. They had enough time.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck. Stay safe.

@london100 I hear you.

I just want to pass this on to you. Since there has been no fix, and I seriously doubt there will be one rather than going to another company, I just changed my mind-set and decided that I'll go through the hoops.

Filing the 20202 return was a whole lot more stress-free because I decided to accept the work-around. 

Yes, I had to change my foreign address to US address, make the payment with US credit card, change back to foreign address and, just like last year, I couldn't finish filing out the form. BUT, the form was complete, I just went to where the 'documents' were---> Left-side black sidebar > tools > and found my form (PDF) > downloaded and printed it out.

There's also a 2nd place to find your forms if there's no "tools' listed in the left-side black sidebar. There's a tiny-little folder at the bottom of the page with "Your tax returns & documents". Click it > Click "Download/print return (PDF) > print it > mail it.

DONE!

I personally don't want to try another company and have to go through the learning process again. Plus they may have glitches too.

So honestly, for myself, I'm happy and stress-free to accept that this is how I'm going to file every year.

But I understand you may feel different, I just wanted to share my perspective with you as we both have had to deal with this aggravating problem. For me, it's no longer a problem. 

Wish you luck. Stay safe.

@ friendlyjun wrote:

I've already paid for it...what's the work around?

It's expecting to see a state and zip code in regard to the MAX paperwork.  There is a workaround suggested by @ Critter-3  that apparently will allow one who has already paid for MAX to still efile, according to her post.  

It's in this other thread below.  When you get there, scroll down about 4 comments and look for some numbered steps posted by "Critter-3."   Some of the navigation is different this year.   The tabs are now in the left menu column, not at the top.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/discussion/how-do-i-get-rid-of-max-benefits-after-purc...

The user she posted it for posted back that it worked.

@ Fillip 

Thank you so much! I’ll try this.

Basically I've put in US address and chose I didn't agree with the terms of MAX and then switched back to my foreign address and then it let me efile. I think it went through finally.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies